Thursday, November 7, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness ~ Day 7

Today, I'm thankful for the Girl Scouts.  Yes, it's a pain figuring out Emmie's schedule to get her to the meetings, badge nights, and events... but the joy on her face and the excitement that oozes out of her every pore makes every scheduling frustration trivial and well worth it.  I love that girl with every ounce of my being and I will do anything to make her happy and further her education, sense of community, responsibility to the environment, leadership skills, respect for herself and others and making the world a better place (not the mention that it will look good on her college applications).  I will do the same for Ireland as she's already asking when she can join Girl Scouts.  My wish is that their experiences in this organization will be lifelong joyful memories. 

No comments: