Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness ~ Day 10

I have the best sister.  Really.  Truly. 

Joyce is 18 years older than me.  Growing up, she put in real effort to make sure that we had a close relationship.  I was the flower girl in her wedding, I spent summers with her and her family, I called her when I had problems.  This time she put in has made us best friends.  We talk every day. 

I have so many stories to explain why she's a fantastic sister... like we go to Tanger and the Amanas every year for her birthday or we scrapbook together or she spoils my children rotten.  But that's only the icing on the cake.  The cake is:  she has my back when no one else does.  Yes, yes, my husband & daughters support me, stand up for me, have my back.  Joyce has had my back when it was difficult; against people who should've been standing up for me but wouldn't, didn't, couldn't. 

I respect her.  I trust her.  I love her. 

Joyce & I @ Scrapfest 2013

No comments: