Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 4

Is it bad that it's only day 4 and I don't know what to write about?  I take that back... I have lots of things, but I just have them planned for different days. 

Today, I am thankful for teachers.  My daughters' teachers are amazingly patient, know exactly how to get through to a 3 year old and 5 year old, and very kind.  When Emmie sees her preschool teacher, she breaks out in a run and hugs her.  I love that and am eternally grateful that they are starting their education on a positive note. 

Mrs. Alice Murray and Emmie at her preschool graduation
May 2013
I'm also thankful for the teachers that made a positive influence on me.  The very first teacher in my life was my grandma.  She was a science and history teacher prior to my birth, but she taught me much more than science and history.  Grandma taught me how to make candy, paint ceramics, play games, cook, and so much more. 

Mrs. Graves was my art teacher throughout school.  She was kind, fabulously talented, patient, and one of my favorite teachers. 

How could I talk about teachers without mentioning Coach Thomas.  There are not enough words to describe Coach... let's leave it at that he's missed by all who were blessed to know him. 
 

No comments: