Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 3

Today, as I sat at Los Compadres with a wonderful family (the Nance's), I was overwhelmed with gratitude for fantastic friends... old, new, and those yet to come.

I'm thankful for the Nance's.  Dan went to high school with Kim.  She, her husband and sons are truly wonderful people.  They are funny, always there when we need them, and we love them.  We don't get enough time with them.

I'm thankful for my high school group of friends: (in no particular order) Sarah, Michele, Jamie, Linda and Leah.  They made my childhood full of fond memories and I love each of them in their own way.  I'm proud to say I am still friends with all of these women, although maybe not as close as we were back then.  I will say though that whenever we get together, we can talk like no time has passed at all. 

Michele, me, Katie, Sarah (July 2013)
I'm thankful for the Bennett's.  I met Stacie when I started working at APAC and the rest, as they say, is history.  They are godparents to my children, Stacie is my scrappin' buddy, my partner in crime, and life just wouldn't be the same without them. 
 
Cindy, Stacie, me (New Year's Eve 2005)
 

I'm thankful for the SOS ladies: Stacie, Theola, Sherrie, Judy, Laginia, Kim, Sandy, Jami, Jodi, Donna, Spellman, Tammy, Carrie.  This group is some of the most fun, creative, giving, caring group of ladies I've had the privilege to know.
me, Theola, Ruth, Stacie, Ry (Especially for You walk, October 2009)

I'm thankful for my work friends: Robbin, Betty, Kristy.  They, along with some other wonderful people, make each day very interesting!

I'm thankful for my friend Cindy.  She's quirky, loyal, and would do anything for anyone.  She was at the hospital when my precious Emerald was born. 

I'm thankful for my high school friend Melanie and her entire family.  Growing up, her parents were "Mom & Dad" to me and most weekends, you could find the two of us getting into trouble together.  We lost some time, but I'm especially thankful that we've been able to reconnect.  I respect them, trust them and love them.  I hope we can make up for lost time. 

Of course, I'm thankful for the friends within my family as well: my hubby Dan, my sister Joyce, my bil Mike, my nephew Jason and more.  I'll address these people later in the month!

No comments: