Friday, November 22, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness ~ Day 22

Connie Abbott is a woman whom I respect and admire greatly.  I met her for the first time on Christmas Eve in 2000.  I had just started dating her son a little month prior and I was coming into her home to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with their family.  I was welcomed with open arms; she made me feel very comfortable. 

She was "Mom" to me from the start.  She always treated me like one of her own children. 
Mom - our wedding - August 2004

A few of my most favorite memories... our Christmas trips to Chicago and having lunch under the Christmas tree in The Walnut Room... taking her to see Clay Aiken at the State Fair in 2004... my bridal shower... there's many more...

We suddenly and unexpectedly lost Mom 8 years ago today.  I cherish the 5 years I got to spend with her.  She was a fantastic woman and I miss her every day. 

Family - our family - August 2004

No comments: