Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness ~ Day 21

On this day in history, I agreed to exclusively date a guy I had met earlier in the month.  I was slightly leery, since my divorce had just been final on November 1st.  On February 16th of the following year (yes, less than 3 months), I moved in with him.  On March 21st, 2 years later, he asked me to marry him.  August 7th the following year, we got married. 

It all started 13 years ago today.  Lucky #13!  We've been through our fair share of ups & downs... but through it all, he has supported me, defended me, given me everything I've ever wanted/needed and more.  He's a fabulous father to our two gorgeous daughters, a great provider, and my best friend. 

He pushes my buttons like only he can.  He believes in me.  He encourages me to be the best I can.  He restored my faith in the institution of marriage.  I love this man to the moon and back. 

Dan & I - Waikiki Beach - October 2005
 
Dan & I - 1 year anniversary - August 2005
 
Dan & I - Field Museum, Chicago - 2006
 
Dan, Emerald & I - Marshall Fields, Chicago - December 2009
 
Dan & I - our wedding day - August 2004
 
Dan & I bringing Ireland home from the hospital - March 2010
 
Dan, Ireland & I - 2010
 
Dan & I with our Harley - Coralville - 2011
Dan & I with Emerald for Coolidge Walk-A-Thon - September 2013
 
Dan & I - Hawkeye Christmas Party - December 2012

No comments: