Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 9 ~ Thankful for the Generosity of Others

Tonight we took the girls to see Santa at a local photo shop.  They were running a promotion where you would get your picture taken with Santa and a 4x6 print for free (any additional prints would need to be paid for).  Yes, I know they are hoping to boost business by getting people to pay for additional prints. 

But on the other hand... I paid not a single penny for the look of awe, wonder and excitement on my daughter's face when she saw Santa.  I paid not a single penny for the smile plastered on her face the whole time we were there.  I paid not a single penny for the conversation she had with Santa.  I paid not a single penny for my daughters' experiences... and yet it was priceless. 

For this, I will patron to this local business for their generosity and Christmas spirit of providing this Santa service for free, rather than going to a "big box" store.

No comments: