Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12 ~ Health Care & Insurance

This one is very hard to be thankful for today, but I'm making the attempt...

I'm thankful for the health insurance through my employer.  Although I complain about the portion I pay for (a lot, especially today when I went through the open enrollment process for 2013), it affords me to take my daughters to their checkups for free, get free immunizations (including flu shots for the adults!), and save money tax-free to go towards medical expenses not paid by insurance.  I'm trying very hard to look on the bright side of things although my insurance payments went up by 19% for 2013. 

One thing I can be very thankful for are our health care providers.  Our family physician is one of the best around and we all love him.  Our dentist is wonderful and again, the girls just love him.  I have the best OBGYN around (although he no longer does OB work) and the best chiropractor.  We're so blessed to have wonderful doctors who care about our health and our family, who make sure we're on board with treatment plans, and aren't out just to get the copay. 

For all of this, I am thankful.

Photo courtesy of shotofprevention.com

No comments: